Mares Quantum SLS BCD
The Quantum SLS dive BCD offers exceptional robustness and stability. The Quantum SLS Jacket is designed based on a classic wrap-around bag pattern with shoulder straps connected by buckles to the side lobes.
For the Quantum SLS, a new bag has been developed, with a low-profile slit under the armpit, to increase the divers mobility, but without sacrificing flotation. In addition, the geometry of the shoulder straps was studied at length, with a specific profile for each size (XS to XL), as well as the ideal positioning of the steel D-rings. The connection to the strap coming from the side lobe of the bag is made by means of a tilting buckle, to facilitate the adaptation of the jacket to the divers body, and the attachment of the strap to the lobe also has a special ergonomic feature: instead of being sewn directly to the bag, it is sewn onto a semi-circular D-ring that practically replicates the possibility of tilting the buckle at the other end to improve the adaptation of the jacket to the diver.
On the right shoulder strap there is a small detail: a 25mm d-ring, positioned so as not to get in the way of the buckle and designed for those who, according to the typical positioning of the high-pressure hose on the left side, wish to attach it with a clip in this position so that, once in a horizontal position, the pressure gauge or console remains clearly visible in front of the chest to make it easier to check information regarding the tank pressure, depth etc. The sternal closure on the shoulder straps is adjustable only on one side in the direction of the corrugator to avoid a tape end creating a hindrance when looking for the exhaust valve knob on the right shoulder. On the male buckle of the sternal closure we can see the new safety whistle. Many small details for great comfort.
The new SLS ballast system has a capacity of 4+4 kg on sizes XS to M, and 6+6 kg on sizes L and XL. Among other features, the specific visual confirmation of the correct positioning of the ballast provides safety when diving.
The Quantum SLS Jacket uses the new single plate backrest, which is suitable for both single and double tank equipment (up to a maximum of 2x12l, using a specific kit consisting of two oversized straps).
- Single plate backrest suitable for single and double tanks
- Swivel buckles and d-rings on the side lobes
- SLS ballast system
- Visual confirmation of correct insertion of the storage pouch
- Customization label on the storage pouch
- Elastic pockets
- Openings on side lobes for inserting hoses
- Trim storage puch
- Optional Jacket attachment kit
- Optional double tank attachment strap suitable for tanks of up to 2 x 12 l"
- Weight: 4.5kg
- Fit: Unisex
- Buoyancy: 170N
- Material: Cordura 420
- Backpack: Standard
- Weight Pocket System: SLS
- Stainless Steel D-rings: 6
- Heavy-Duty Techno polymer D-rings: 3
- Bladder: Classic Bladder
- Type: Ergo Inflator
- Classic Bladder: Air-cell enveloping diver on the sides and back. High lift capacity and very comfortable position on the surface characterize this bladder design.
- Ergo Inflator: The standard inflation and deflation control device used in sanctioned training programs. Intuitive use and secure grip.